FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
The more learning you have about fixation recovery, including what's new when entering a treatment program, the period of time you may spend in the program and expenses related with the program, the simpler your voyage to recuperation can be.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitations are organized treatment programs went for helping those battling with addiction. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detox A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. Detoxing varies greatly depending on the type of drug and frequency it was used, but many withdrawal symptoms can be unpleasant and possibly dangerous. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Therapy For Drug Addiction After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. In rehabilitation, an individual takes part in one-on-one and/group therapy sessions to identify and deal with the underlying reasons of his/her dependency. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Post-care When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
What Is The Duration Of Rehabilitation?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. But prolonged treatment programs like 60 day, 90 day or longer term residential treatment or inpatient treatment programs to ensure unbroken recovery may be the best for some people. The substances abused, how severe the abuse is, the addiction history, the spiritual, cultural, social, emotional, mental and physical requirements of the addict are all considered when experts are searching for the rightful duration of treatment for an addict.
According to reliable sources, an extended sober period is easily achieved by people who undergo treatment for three months of more. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
While there is no real cure for addiction, it can be managed effectively. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. Management of addiction knows how to live a full life while avoiding the substance and it takes determination and a lot of hard work.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. It can likewise show relationship building abilities to get ready for the everyday battles of recouping from enslavement and how to address the general population or circumstances that may have added to or exacerbated the substance issue in any case.
Long-term sobriety could involve ongoing individual or group therapy and a 12 step program or support group. A few people find extra activities to be crucial in supporting their continuous recovery. Such extra activities may be in the form of meditation, yoga, exercise, or art and many others.
There are different types of after treatment care, depending on the treatment programs, while some of them will sit down with the patient to design one before the completion of treatment, in the bid to ensure total healing. As a matter of fact, according to research continuous participation in an aftercare programme is linked with fewer relapses.
What Happens If I Relapse?
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
In some cases, the patients will only record success in their healing journey after they must have stayed in rehab for up to two different occasions. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Addiction rehab programmes can differ significantly when it comes to cost. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
A few elements can influence the cost of recovery, including
- What amenities are provided - Services may include special gourmet diets, private accommodation, animal-assisted therapy, alternative medicine, massage, and yoga.
- Duration of the programme - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. The duration of time that is advisable for your long term treatment will be deliberated on with your counsellor when you are being accepted into the programme.
- Location - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Kind of programme - Since the patient lives in an inpatient facility which is staffed with medical professionals around the clock, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Addiction Versus The Cost Of Rehabilitation
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. What makes addiction costly
- The cost of the medications
- Being less productive at work
- Legal fines
- Medical bills for physical or mental health issues that may come up because of addiction
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Can I Use Insurance?
Yes, in most places, insurance is accepted as a means of payment for rehab treatment. Despite that, agreeableness of protection will differ as indicated by the specific facility. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. Some programs might offer a sliding scale payment or can offer financing options to make payments more manageable.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
In such a distinctly isolated area, those going to recovery can completely concentrate on their dependence issues, free of outside diversions or allurements from work, family and companions.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. For someone with family responsibilities, a centre close to home can help balance home life with treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Residential Rehab Treatment
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both sorts of inpatient offices oblige patients to inhabit the facility.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. Because patients don't face the stress of daily life, they can usually work through their addiction issues a little better.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. It might likewise be a decent alternative for the individuals who have attempted past recovery endeavours (either inpatient or outpatient) and have since backslid.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient services may differ. A few outpatient programmes include sessions that last throughout the day, whilst other programmes might only treat a patient for a few hours per day. Because of the less number of medical staff and the reduced hours of direct care involved, inpatient facilities are costlier than outpatient programs. Patients leave to go home, so they facilities don't need to provide around the clock care. Several insurance plans might pay for a part or even all of the cost.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. In the bid to choose the best addiction rehab program for you, you should send your enquiries to our rehab placement agents.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You may think you are in danger of losing your job if you go to rehab, the risk is higher if you do not and mess at work. In the event that you are battling with a substance misuse issue, it is conceivable that your supervisor may effectively presume it. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. You have a right to treatment and cannot be fires as a consequence for seeking treatment.
How To Get Time Off Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
If you are going for residential treatment, then you will need to take some leave from work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. The options are
- Employee Assistance Programs A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. Addiction forms part of this category, therefore you could benefit by understanding what your business provides.
- Paid Time Off One more option for taking time off from your work to receive assistance with drug abuse is just to use accrued personal/sick time or vacation to receive rehab assistance.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programmes At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. When you are not sure what type of treatment programme is correct for a loved one or yourself and want to chat about rehabilitation and recovery options more, contact us at 0800 246 1509 to chat with one of our rehab placement representatives.