Seeking Help With Dependency Therapy
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. You don't need to be told how deadly this ailment can be if you are a victim of drug or alcohol abuse. You should obtain medical assistance from specialized abuse advisers if you know you can't handle the situation yourself.
Contact us now on 0800 246 1509 and let us help you find the treatment centre with the counselling and therapeutic approach that are right for you.
Addiction therapist plays a key function in speeding up the healing process of patients; this is why they are very significant in this treatment program.
A counsellor establishes a therapeutic alliance with the patient to help him achieve the ultimate goal of sobriety. There are many kind of treatment available whilst in care that will offer a range of advantages and let you continue your sobriety while in recovery.
What Does An Addiction Therapist Do
To obtain assistance in recognizing possible stimulants and how to develop periodic schemes for your recovery, you will quickly remember how you suddenly turned to an addict with the help of your therapist.
Both inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend densely on the use of addiction counselling, which appear in individual or group plans.
Group treatments are best handled by addiction counsellors through engagement of patients family members and other addicts in participation.
Discourse like the dangers of addiction, causes and effects are likely to be treated during the group meeting. The patient can start making meaningful post-treatment programs once these dysfunctions are recognized.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Educates and supports the patient throughout the recovery.
- individual counselling sessions with the aim of identifying the root cause of the addiction.
- Conduct regular drug tests.
- Prepare a personalized treatment approach to suit the patient's circumstances.
- Based on the care available to you a aftercare program will be created.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Good Dependency Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. Being a good listener and having a general behaviour of empathy are some qualities that your counsellor should have.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
Most counsellors are former addicts; this is a huge advantage to create a common ground of understanding between the patient and counsellor. The degree of openness allows the counsellor to learn the contributing factors of the addiction and other latent issues. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
If there are psychological issues, he should be able to identify it and find a solution to it. Effective counsellors give full commitment and support for the recovery of the patient.
What Are The Obtainable Treatment Options
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Nature of facility determining type of treatment include
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- These therapies make use of real-time demonstration of brain function to observe the levels of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate.
- Patients are guided through this technology to control their thinking so as to overtake the mental pressure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- CBT is efficient when it comes to supporting addiction and psychological health disorders since it aims on the connection between thoughts and the consecutive manners and selection associated to them.
- A therapist can assist an abuser to discover stimulants that inspires addiction and also devise ways of treating it, this can be achieved using CBT.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- Additionally, DBT will make your communication ability and self-image better, which can support people with conditions like Borderline Personality Disorder and eating disorders.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These forms of treatments place an aim on recognizing triggers, controlling nervousness reactions and using deep alleviation methods.
- The secret behind this treatment program is to relax individual state of mind to identify drug craving behaviour patterns and treat addiction dependency from its root and not from the symptoms.
- Holistic therapies
- This approach teaches patients self-examination in dealing with stress or triggers.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
Cornerstone addiction therapy involves a range of treatments methods to identify suitable alternative approach to achieve the overall goal of giving the patient a sense of direction to lasting recovery practices.
Why Do I Need Counselling For Dependency
It may be tempting to think that you don't need to go through the work and efforts required for addiction counselling.
However, with trust on the counsellor and the commitment to getting well are things that you need to do to enable the treatment program to work for your full recovery.